Stretch your legs as you step back into history in the ancient Alfama district of Lisbon. From the city center you’ll take a leisurely walk through Alfama, the old quarter of Lisbon. Walk along Black Horse Square, graced with fine buildings and bordering the River Tagus. Passing beneath the Triumphal Arch, you’ll find yourself in the heart of the ‘Baixa.’ Explore Lisbon Cathedral, a fortress-church built in the 12th century and its towers and walls, still with firing slits, give it the appearance of a citadel. The façade has twin bell towers and a splendid rose window. Enjoy a five-minute ride on one of Lisbon’s inclined cable cars, which takes you up to Sao Pedro de Alcantara Belvedere. Walk for a visit to Church Sao Roque which is situated in the Bairro Alto (the high quarter).
- Please note no flash photography is permitted inside the church.
- The tour involves a substantial level of activity over uneven ground and hills.
- Highlights may operate in reverse order.
- Comfortable walking shoes and a jacket are recommended.
- We advise you take a bottle of water with you.