The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
It’s very easy to relax and do a whole lot of nothing in laid back Fiji but it’s cultural attractions are sure to entice you off the beach. Enjoy Fijian songs and dance, take part in the famous Yaqona (kava) ceremony, visit Viseisei Village, the Garden of the Sleeping Giant and the town of Nadi on this village tour that offers a greater insight into lovely Fiji.
Your tour begins with a trip to Viseisei Village, where as legend has it, this was the place the first Fijians landed over a thousand years ago. Here you’ll witness one of the most honoured rites of Fijian life, the ceremonial preparation for drinking kava. A revered cultural ceremony performed widely throughout Fiji to mark the occasions of births, marriages, deaths and new chief ceremonies. Kava is a tranquilizing, non-alcoholic drink which numbs the tongue and lips. Coming from the dried roots of the pepper plant, it’s an intriguing ritual and an unique taste.
Next, continue to the famous orchid garden of the Sleeping Giant, with the Sleeping Giant mountain raing offering a magnificent backdrop. Finally, there will be a brief stop at Nadi for shopping, you’ll find a range of duty-free products and local crafts including woodcarving, crochet, pottery and colourful Tapa cloth for you to take home.
- Ladies are required to wear below the knee clothing, hats are to be taken off when you enter the village, it is forbidden to touch any Fijian’s hair, foot wear is to be taken off before entering any Fijian home.
- Please bring cash for optional purchases such as locally made handicrafts at Viseisei village (FJD or AUD currency recommended) and in Nadi Town, where credit cards are widely accepted.
- Shopping time will be given to the guests at Nadi town before returning to the Marina.
- Village visits are closed for tours on Sundays, Good Fridays and if there’s a death In the village.
- There are a few steps to be negotiated at the entrance of the garden, moderate walking is involved in this tour over stepping stones and uneven ground.
- Not recommended for passengers with disability problems.