The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Experience famous island hospitality, a true Fijian welcome, local village life, time-honoured ceremonies and more with a visit to lovely Nawaka Village. Travel by air-conditioned coach to the village where you will experience a true and hearty Fijian Bula welcome.
Be welcomed by friendlier-than-they-look village warriors, listen as local women sing a vanua chant reserved strictly for special guests and then pause as the smiling village children garland you with traditional flower leis. You’ll witness a kava ceremony in the local hall before taking a guided tour of the village. You may even have the chance to meet the Chief. Light delicious snacks will be served, then you’ll have the honour to take part in the local ‘Ta Ra Lala’ dance. On your way back to the cruise ship, stop in Nadi to shop at a souvenir store for mementos before making your way back to the marina.
- To make your day as enjoyable as possible, please wear comfortable flat-soled shoes, clothing suited to the weather conditions, a hat and SPF30+ or higher factor sunscreen. Make sure to bring bottled water and insect repellent.
- We recommend the use of protective UV clothing and reef-friendly sunscreen to help protect the environment and reef systems (available in the onboard shops).
- Women should wear below the knee clothing and hats should be removed before entering the village.
- It’s also recommended to bring your camera and cash for additional purchases.
- Village visits are closed for tours on Sundays, Good Fridays and if there’s a death in the village.
- Please also ask permission before taking photos of locals.
- This tour is not recommended for passengers with limited mobility.