Enjoy some of the magical sights of Rome & explore the famous underground catacombs. Begin with a 90 minute drive into Rome and drive past St. Paul's Basilica, the Pyramid of Caius Cestius, and Circus Maximus. Stop in the vicinity of Venice Square and explore by foot this open space known for the monument dedicated to the first king of Italy. Continue walking by the Roman Forum and the Colosseum for an outside view and enjoy a few minutes free time. Proceed to the Arch of Constantine, then drive to a typical Roman restaurant for a delicious lunch. After lunch drive to the Catacombs. This underground maze of tunnels is where the early Christians, persecuted by the Romans, had to practice their religion in secret and bury their dead.
- Comfortable shoes recommended and a light jacket for Catacombs. Walking through underground tunnels with possible slippery stones.
- Not recommended for guests with fear of confined spaces.
- Guests must climb steps/stairs in the catacombs were passages are narrow and uncomfortable.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with collapsible wheelchairs or for those with walking difficulties, due to walking involved and uneven ground.
- May operate in reverse.
- No photos or videos are permitted in Catacombs.
- Due to traffic regulation in Rome, additional walking may be required from motor-coaches drop-off/pick-up points to the various sites visited.