Independent sightseeing with a difference, change your mode of transport and take the Civitavecchia Express Train for a unique way to reach the eternal city. The perfect option for those of you who prefer to sight-see on your own. You will be transferred from the pier by shuttle, to the train station of Civitavecchia, where you will be directed to your carriage. Sit back and relax, as you take the hour long train ride to St Peter's Station. During your journey the local hostess will provide a map and offer some handy tips on how to make the most of your time in Rome. Upon arrival, your hostess will direct you to St Peter's Square, where you will begin your independent exploration. Perhaps head to St Peter's Basilica or venture further afield and discover as many of Rome’s treasures as your pace allows. At a time specified by your escort, you’ll meet up at the train station, for the return journey to Civitavecchia.
- This tour is unguided and does not include lunch or entrance fees.
- City maps will be provided on the train and local transportation in Rome is readily available.
- Please remember to take Euros; major credit cards and debit cards are also accepted for purchases.
- The walk from the train station to St Peters Square is approximately 15 minutes.
- There are approximately 50 steps from the platform at St. Peter's Station to the exit and this tour is not suggested for guests with walking difficulties or using a wheelchair.
- Please take note of the pick-up time and allow plenty of time to reach the train station for the return journey.
- The train cannot be held for latecomers.
- Train seats will be allocated for Carnival cruise passenger’s exclusive use; however the Civitavecchia Express is not exclusive.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended, as well as a bottle of water.