This super 4x4 adventure takes you to places created by the power of volcanoes, ice and time. You will be mesmerized by the beauty of the natural world during your tour. After heading out from Reykjavík, you’ll leave Road No. 1 and drive along Iceland’s beautiful landscapes and arrive at a mountain to take in its stunning view. Prepare to get adventurous as you go off road to your next stops. This route will show you panoramic views over Lake Þingvallavatn, (Thingvallavatn), the dormant volcano Hengill and the Nesjavellir geothermal power plant and its surroundings. This incredible geothermal field is in fact one of the main sources of hot water that heat up the houses of Reykjavík. From Nesjavellir, you’ll then take the gravel road along Lake Thingvallavatn, driving past the lush farmlands of the south. The adventure doesn’t stop there as you continue to head further off the path through a trail known as, “the Thousand Waters.” The group will wind its way along numerous rivers, mud banks and streams before arriving back in the capital. This scenic 4X4 adventure takes you off road and into places created by nature itself. Experience riding past volcanoes, mountains, rivers, and more!
- Please note that this tour is not recommended for passengers with back or neck problems due to the rough driving and terrain.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Make sure to wear warm, layered clothing – waterproof and windproof.
- Gloves, a warm hat and a scarf recommended.
- Kindly note that the order of visited sites might vary.