If you’re an enthusiastic nature and landscape photographer, you know there are very few places left in the world that offer a landscape which have not been over exposed. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, there is no doubt that Iceland’s fascinating photogenic terrain will set your pulse racing. You will take a scenic drive from Reykjavík to Lake Kleifarvatn, the largest lake on the Reykjanes Peninsula. Capture its surrounding mountains and peaceful scenery, and admire its calm waters as the lake actually moves underneath the surface. Continue on to the hot springs at Krýsuvík volcanic vents, hot springs and vast, colorful hills. Then, take a scenic drive to the edge of the peninsula and arrive at Reykjanesviti Lighthouse, Iceland’s oldest lighthouse standing 102 feet tall. Take advantage of the panoramic views of this structure and the surrounding landscape. You will without a doubt enjoy this specialized tour that allows you to discover some of the best photographic locations in the region through your camera lens.
- There are a number of stops on this tour, and all walking is optional.
- Most sites can be viewed through the motor coach windows.
- This tour is best suited for passengers with good mobility.
- Bring your own camera and camera equipment.
- Dress warmly and in layers for the day’s weather conditions.
- Sturdy, closed-toe, non-skid shoes recommended.
- Do not, under any circumstances touch the geothermal water.
- The tour may operate in reverse.