This tour takes you through Reykjavik’s suburbs on the way to the Blue Lagoon, giving you a chance to get a glimpse of the city before you drive through the rugged lava fields of the Reykjanes Peninsula. Blue Lagoon is located in the middle of a breathtaking lava field and is surrounded by a unique landscape that all guests will enjoy. This lagoon is a product of nearby geothermal power plant causing the water of the lagoon to be a warm 98.6-102.2 F filled with rich minerals and reputed to have a variety of healing properties. The vibrant blue color of the water, the steam and the lava surroundings succeed in creating a unique and photo worthy atmosphere. The facility includes a tax-free shop, a cafe, a restaurant and changing-room facilities. Guests will be allowed to enjoy the lagoon for approximately 2 hours. The Blue Lagoon is one of the most visited places on the island, making this attraction one you don’t want to miss out on!
- All guests must bring a swimsuit with them. It can also be rented.
- Guests are required to shower without swimwear before entering the lagoon.
- Separate changing facilities and showers are available for men and women.
- Storage lockers are available and included in the tour price.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women and those with heart or respiratory conditions.
- All guests will receive a comfort package which includes; the entrance, a towel, a silica mud mask, and 1 free drink of choice in the Blue Lagoon.