Enjoy a guided paddle through the Island’s lagoon while you explore the flora and fauna of this unique habitat. Your clear-bottom kayak will provide a window to the world below the water’s surface. The lagoon, which is a breeding ground for numerous species of marine life, is bordered by mangroves that serve as a protected nursery for birds to lay their eggs. Learn about the lagoon’s tides, which at high tide can rise up to eight feet and at low tide may cause the sandbanks to become exposed. These tidal changes take place every six hours!
- Suitable for guests in good physical condition.
- Not recommended for guests with heart or neck/back issues or women who are pregnant.
- The minimum age required to participate is 6 years old. Maximum weight per person is 280 pounds.
- Guests will be provided with a lifejacket that must be worn.
- Guests must be able to swim.
- Would recommend guests wear a swimsuit and bring a towel, hat and adequate sun protection.
- Wildlife sightings, while common, are not guaranteed.