The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Snorkel the Tangalooma Wrecks just north of the resort, where coral has formed and provides a haven for over 200 species of fish and sometimes even dolphins, wobbegongs and dugongs.
*Prices may vary by sailing
Moreton Island is home to some of Australia’s best snorkelling locations, out on the sea floor, fifteen dramatic ship wrecks are home to a huge variety of tropical reef fish, brightly coloured coral and sparkling marine life.
Travel out to the wrecks and let your underwater adventure begin. These ships were scuttled by the Queensland Government between 1963 and 1984 to provide safe anchorage on the eastern side of Moreton Island for small watercraft. Coral has now formed in and around the wrecks forming a dynamic artificial reef. Grab your snorkel and dive in to explore this unique snorkelling site. Everywhere you look you’ll encounter brightly coloured corals, come face to face with tropical reef fish, with over 200 species of fish calling the wrecks home and you if luck is on your side you might even spot a dolphin, wobbegong or dugong playing in the nearby crystal clear water. A snorkeler’s dream!
- To make your day as enjoyable as possible, please ensure that you wear comfortable flat-soled shoes, clothing suited to the weather conditions, a hat and jacket and bring along some sunscreen and bottled water and of course your swimwear and towel.
- All snorkelling equipment including fins, snorkel, mask, buoyancy wetsuit is included. You are more than welcome to bring your own equipment if you prefer.
- Underwater cameras are strongly suggested for this tour, these can purchased from the retails shops onboard your cruise ship.
- Suitable for wheelchair bound guests – beach wheelchair is available to help guests board the boat.
- Guests with asthma may find this excursion difficult.
- This tour is suitable for those 6 years and above. Guests 6 to 16 year of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver before commencing the tour.