The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Departing wharf-side, take a 10-minute transfer along roads fringed by tropical trees and palms before arriving at the forest. Here you can enjoy a guided walk through native flora to explore all the different plant species. Some of these plants are said to have the healing touch and your informative guide will reveal how the Melanesian locals use different plants for medicinal purposes.
A step inside the unearthly Secret Grotto reveals fascinating formations of stalagmites and stalactites, which can be seen by torchlight. Your tour concludes with a demonstration of traditional hunting techniques, an explanation of the traditional methods of hunting wild pigs and the art of hunting coconut crabs.
- To make your day as enjoyable as possible, please wear comfortable flat-soled shoes, clothing suited to the weather conditions, a hat and SPF30+ or higher factor sunscreen. Make sure to bring bottled water, swimmers and a towel, and insect repellent.
- We recommend the use of protective UV clothing and reef-friendly sunscreen to help protect the environment and reef systems (available in the onboard shops).
- The floor of the forest and grotto is uneven and not suitable for passengers with walking difficulties.
- There may be non-air-conditioned buses and vans which are not fitted with microphones used on the tour.
- Restroom facilities are not available during the tour.