The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Taking to the road for this sweet-smelling tour, you’ll pass through Xýpýnýhý and Kumo settlements, peppered with traditional homes and magnificent flowering gardens and palm trees, before making your way to Hnathalo. Your final destination is the Maison de la Vanille or Vanilla House. Here, you’ll learn about the cultivation, preparation and history of this sweet-smelling plant throughout the Loyalty Islands.
Visit the vanilla processing plant, where you can learn about the drying and exporting process of the vanilla beans, before having the opportunity to visit the onsite shop to pick up a memento from your visit. Don’t forget to try a delicious vanilla-flavoured coffee. You can also enjoy a stroll through the plantation and tropical forest to Oni Wael, where you can see a variety of animals including coconut crabs, bats and pigs.
- To make your day as enjoyable as possible, please wear comfortable flat-soled shoes, clothing suited to the weather conditions, a hat and SPF30+ or higher factor sunscreen. Make sure to bring bottled water, swimmers and a towel, and insect repellent.
- We recommend the use of protective UV clothing and reef-friendly sunscreen to help protect the environment and reef systems (available in the onboard shops).
- Please respect the local sensitivities and dress appropriately. That means no swimwear or revealing clothing.
- There may be non-air-conditioned buses and vans which are not fitted with microphones used on the tour.
- Restroom facilities may be rustic.