Your day of adventure takes you to the depths of Europe's largest active volcano by cable car and 4x4 vehicles. Relax on your 2 hour panoramic motor coach journey to Mt Etna's famous Silvestri Crater at 6500 ft, take the 6-person cable car to ascend to the crater to 8200 ft, before boarding your 20 or 26 person 4 x 4 Mercedes (or IVECO) vans to reach the ultimate 10,000 ft above sea level. Enjoy your 20 minute off-road adventure to meet your professional alpine guide. Embark on a further 45 minute informative walking tour, learning about this amazing volcano. Return back down Mt. Etna for lunch in a local restaurant.
- Closed shoes and warm clothing recommended.
- The is a seasonal excursion that may be cancelled at the last minute, due to adverse weather conditions. You will then only be charged for the Mt Etna tour.
- Visibility can be poor. Altitude may create problems for guests with heart problems.
- Some waiting may be experienced for the cable.
- This excursion includes difficult/extreme activity.