Explore the famed Hamakua Coast, studded with breathtaking waterfalls, stunning valleys, and eccentric towns. Your first stop is Tex Drive-In, famous for its made-to-order malasadas. Continue to the Valley of the Kings, Waipio Valley, with steep cliffs carved by waterfalls and cascading more than a thousand feet to the valley floor below. Visit Laupahoehoe village, featuring the monument created to honor the lives lost in the Tsunami. Stop at Akaka Falls State Park and see the largest waterfall on the island. Visit a remote waterfall hidden in a tropical rainforest – here you can relax, swim in the cool mountain stream, and enjoy a Hawaiian BBQ lunch complete with complimentary beer and champagne. Continue your adventure with stops at Rainbow Falls, an 80-foot tall twin waterfall system, and the King Kamehameha statue. Complete the day with some shopping that includes Hawaiian mac nut samples, Hawaii Island crafts, Kona coffee and more.
- Participants must be able to walk on slippery steps and steep terrain.
- Some roads may be unpaved and bumpy.
- Child seats or boosters are required and can be provided upon request.
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Tickets must be purchased for all participants regardless of age.
- Tour capacity is limited, molten lava will not be seen, and order of tour may change.
- There are opportunities to purchase local products and souvenirs along the way.