You’ll begin this tour with a ride along the coast and across to the other side of the island. Cruise by Governor’s Beach, one of Grand Turk’s natural salinas and Cockburn Town, the capital of the Turks & Caicos Islands. Once you have arrived at the island’s historic lighthouse, you’ll mount your horse to take on the trail down to the beach. Take in the view of the Atlantic Ocean as you meander down the eastern shore of the island. Weather permitting, you will be able to wade through the shallows before leaving the beach. After your horse ride, you will then cross over and visit the North Creek, which is a nesting and breeding ground for birds and small tropical fish. Be on the lookout for pink flamingos wading in the shallow waters, along with the local donkeys at play. Back at the lighthouse, you will have a bite to eat at the Lazy Donkey Bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from the top of the cliffs. After lunch is done, you will then be taken down to yet another beach that is home to the Reef Shark Bar & Grill! Lounge on one of the longest white sand beaches in Grand Turk. Take a dip in warm Caribbean waters. Jam to the rhythms of Caribbean music. Relax in a complimentary beach chair or hammock, and play a match of volleyball before returning to the ship by shuttle or at your leisure with a 5-7 minute stroll along the beach.
- Minimum Age: 6 years old. Maximum Weight: 220lbs.
- Total time on a horse is between 45 min - 1 hr.
- Limitations: Pregnant women, guests with neck and back injuries are not permitted on this excursion.
- What to bring: Closed shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
- Seasonal Sargassum weed might be present on the beach from July to November.