Discover the island of Madeira on this scenic drive excursion. You’ll travel to Camacha parish, the heart of the island’s fine wickerwork industry, and then visit Our Lady of Monte Church. At the Church, you'll see the tomb of the last Hapsburg emperor, Charles I of Austria, who died in exile on Madeira and was laid to rest in the Church. After that, get ready for a thrilling ride as you climb into a wicker basket and experience the island’s famous toboggan ride, also known as the “Snowless Sled Ride.” When you’re done, you’ll head over to a local wine lodge and sample delicious Madeira wines. At the completion of your tour, you’ll head back to port as you review this unforgettable day on this beautiful island.
- Lunch is included.
- Drinking age minimum is 18 years old.
- A jacket is recommended as Madeira has a micro-climate and comfortable walking shoes.
- Visibility from all scenic outlooks is dependent upon the weather and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- The Toboggan is a popular tourist attraction and there may be queues before boarding.
- Visit to the Our Lady of Monte Church is time permitting and if open (optional).
- There is a 5 minute walk from the bus stop to reach the wine lodge.