The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
See Rome, shop, pay a visit to the Vatican State and explore the Vatican Museums, the richest storehouse of art in the entire world.
/ Adult (ages 13 and over)
/ Child (ages 4 - 12)
*Prices may vary by sailing
See Rome, have time to shop, and explore the Vatican Museums.
Relax during your 90 minute drive to Rome. Enjoy a drive past the Pyramid of Caius Cestius, Circus Maximus, Borghese Gardens. Drive past Colosseum and Arch of Constantine, and enjoy free time in People's Square area.
After lunch in a typical restaurant drive to the Vatican Museums, see Michelangelo’s masterpieces in the Sistine Chapel. Enter St. Peter's Square and pass through Bernini's colonnades as you enter St. Peter's Basilica. See Bernini's canopy (Baldacchino) and Michelangelo's Pieta.
- Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice. These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator.
- If there is a special event or mass at St. Peter's Basilica, the guide will provide commentary outside and guests will enter on their own. Access may be restricted during mass.
- If the Basilica is closed for security reasons, the tour will compensate with more time for shopping and/or independent exploration. If the wait at the St. Peter's Basilica security checkpoint is longer than 45 minutes, the guide will forego the inside visit and provide you with a full explanation and description while outside.
- No video or photography in the Sistine Chapel. No flash photography in the Vatican Museums. Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated checkpoints.
- Due to new traffic regulations, should the bus not be allowed to pick up guests close to the St. Peters Basilica or Vatican Museum, guests will be required to walk approximately 0.6 miles to the nearest pick-up location.
- For smooth operation, this itinerary may operate in reverse order.
- Have shoulders and knees covered for visiting religious buildings. Comfortable shoes, water and a sun hat are recommended.
- Enjoy a privileged entrance to avoid lines.
- Headphones provided. Guests will be responsible for missing headsets. The headset company will charge Euro 50,00 for every missing device.
- The Vatican can change its hours at short notice.
- Not recommended for guests with wheelchairs or those with walking difficulties as it involves extensive walking on cobblestone surfaces as negotiating approximately 250 steps at the Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s Basilica. The Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica feature an itinerary for wheelchair users with a different route and wheelchair users will miss a large portion of the guide’s commentary.
- Due to traffic regulation in Rome, additional walking may be required from motor-coaches drop-off/pick-up points to the various sites visited.