First time and non-certified divers can experience the wonders of scuba diving in a beautiful dive destination. Begin with a short ride through the town of Mahahual to an eco-friendly dive center where you will be fitted with scuba gear and given an introductory lesson to scuba diving. Your instructor will then take you on a guided dive, where you'll see pristine corals and breathtaking reef formations that form massive ledges and swim through. Common marine life seen on these dives include turtles, lobsters, stingrays, eels and barracuda as well as a variety of tropical reef fish.
- Minimum age is 10 years old; maximum weight is 275 lbs.
- Scuba diving equipment is included.
- Guests who wish to stay in Mahahual after the dive will be responsible for their return transportation to the ship.
- Guests will need to fill out medical questionnaire to participate. If you have experienced or have family history of heart disease, ear/sinus problems, respiratory problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, or taking medication you will need to provide written consent from a physician to participate.
- This is not a certification course and therefore, no Open Water Certification Card (C-Card) will be issued.
- Please refer to the Tour Operator's Diving Policy prior to booking.