Embark on a journey to the picturesque Strangford Lough and to the Castle Ward Estate, location for the filming of the hit television series Game of Thrones™. Step behind the scenes and become immersed in the world from the hit-television show. There will be an opportunity to view a big screen clip of the special effects, which turn this site into what fans of the show will recognize as the land of Winterfell. You’ll also have the chance to try your hand at the medieval sport of archery. From your first stop, a short mini bus ride will then take you to Audley’s Castle, where you’ll see numerous areas where the series have been filmed. Your knowledge of the series will also be tested, as you are invited to identify different filming locations from screenshots of the set. Relish in a photo opportunity with actual costumes from the series, giving you a great sense of what it is like to be a character from the hit show.
- An inside visit to the Castle Ward House is not included.
- It is recommended that guests dress in warm, layered clothing and wear flat, comfortable shoes. Guests should also bring raingear in case of rain.
- The terrain around various sights may be having varying undulations.
- There is around 1¼ hours of walking over varying terrain which includes uneven and inclined ground and some steps. Flat, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Participants in the archery must be in good physical condition and be able to comfortably draw a bow.