The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Hobart is a fascinating city with a storied past, so it’s not surprising to learn that the city has more than its fair share of ghosts. Indulge your inner ghoul-hunter on this two-hour walking tour through its haunted streets.
Led by your expert guide, a member of Hobart’s “boo crew”, you’ll walk among the dead from Hobart’s legendary past as you are guided in the ghostly footsteps of convicts and bushrangers, whalers and sailors, barmaids and prostitutes, cannibals and criminals.
We’ll explore Battery Point and wander the streets of this delightful, historic waterfront suburb taking in true tales both colourful and raw from early life through to current day. Steeped in history and atmosphere, Battery Point is Australia’s second oldest suburb with Heritage listings and old-world charm oozing through every street, laneway and site.
Battery Point is truly the jewel in Hobart’s crown and you’ll find yourself easily seduced into the long distant past. You never know when the ghosts of this haunted place may manifest into very real physical presences, so make sure you bring along your cameras!
- To make your day as enjoyable as possible, please ensure that you wear comfortable flat-soled shoes, clothing suited to the weather conditions.
- This is a walking tour (there is no coach included). Passengers will need to be able to walk from the pier and continue walking throughout the duration of the walking tour.
- The route will lead you through the back streets and they are very narrow, also strenuous and there are stairs so it is not suitable for wheelchairs, prams and those folk who cannot comfortably tackle stairs and uphill walking.
- Ghost Tour is always conducted at night and the content can be too scary for children under 8 years of age. Please be prepared to walk small children apart from group if they become distressed or treat yourself to a babysitter for the evening.
- Please note your tour will start and end with a 15-20 minute brisk walk to commence and end your tour.