Enjoy a fast and thrilling coastal boat ride around Ålesund in a rigid inflatable boat, also called an RIB. You will be suited with a PFD (personal flotation device) and be given safety instructions before the RIB heads out of the harbor. The boat will cruise along the coastal waters of Ålesund while you enjoy the stunning views. In good weather and little wind, these boats can go as far as Runde Birdrock, and in rougher weather they will stay within the sheltered waters within the harbor. Along the way, there are a lot of birds in the area to see — you might even get a chance to see an eagle! The driver will look out for interesting wildlife and your RIB can often ride close to a rock where seals are basking. The driver will use their discretion when deciding on the route the boat takes, depending on the weather and the fitness level of the guests. After approximately 90 minutes, you will be returned safely back to the landing stage.
- Guests should be in generally good physical condition and be able swimmers
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from back problems.
- If the cruise ship is berthed, there is an approximately 300-yard walk from the pier to the landing stage and the RIBs. If the ship is at anchor, the boats use the same landing stage as the RIBs.
- Guests should expect to get wet.
- It is recommended to wear flat shoes, preferably with rubber soles.
- Guests will have to sign a waiver before boarding the boat.